The overall goals and objectives of the Geneva NGO Committee on Ageing include:
- To further the United Nations’ mission of building a society for all ages;
- To raise awareness of ageing and intergenerational issues and ensure that they are adequately addressed by the UN System;
- To advocate for a new convention on the rights of older persons;
- To influence global policy and monitor the implementation of existing commitments.
The Committee will strive to attain its objectives by:
- Strengthening relationships with NGOs and by providing a platform for strategy development;
- Bringing diverse voices from local and national levels to international platforms;
- Drawing on the experience of Committee Members to share analysis on trends, needs and good practices; and
- Maintaining regular communication with the Vienna and New York UN NGO Committees on Ageing and with the UN Open-Ended Working Group on Ageing (OEWG).
Officers and contact:
If you are interested in learning more about the Committee or joining the Committee, please contact the Executive Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
representative of the International Longevity Centre Global Alliance (ILC Global Alliance)
Kelly G. Fitzgerald
representative of the International Federation on Ageing (IFA)
representative of the International Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse (INPEA)