Celebrating Human Rights of Older Persons
on the occasion of the UN International Day of Older Persons on
1 October 2018, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
at the House of the European Union, Wipplingerstr. 35, 1010 Vienna
- Dr. Alexandre Sidorenko (Former head of the UN Programme on Ageing) Human Rights of Older Persons – Advancing an International Agenda
- Dipl.-Ing. Shams Asadi (Commissioner for Human Rights of the City of Vienna) Equal Treatment and Protection Against Discrimination as a Fundamental Right for Older Persons
Strengthening Human Rights of Older Persons from the Perspective of Governmental and Non-Governmental Organisations
- Mag. Markus Windegger (Federal Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Health and Consumer Protection, Austria) Report from the UN Open-ended Working Group on Ageing, New York
- Dr. Shantu Watt (NGO Committee on Ageing) Strength and Survival: Discrimination and minorities from gender perspectives
- Birgit Meinhard-Schiebel (President of Caregivers Organisation) I did not expect that!
Please kindly register for the event: email@example.com until 24 September 2018.
SAVE THE DATE: 3 October 2018
WHAT: DUO FOR DUO: A CONCERT BY THE CARR-PETROVA DUO (In Celebration of the 70th Anniversaries of CoNGO and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)
SPECIAL EMPHASIS: The concert will highlight the human dignity and human rights of migrants and refugees.
WHERE: Salvation Army Auditorium, New York City
REQUEST A FREE ADMISSION TICKET: Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Members of CoNGO are especially welcome. Migrants and refugees are especially welcome to attend.